can you help with what this wording means in a correspondence from d.w.p? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can you help with what this wording means in a correspondence from d.w.p?

freebird1
freebird1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hi I was wondering what a wording means in a correspondence from d.w.p.I recently was awarded the enhanced rate of mobility allowance and on the MY DECISION part of the letter it informs me that I quote." I LOOKED AT THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED AND THE FURTHER HEALTH PROFFESSIONAL CONSULTATION AND CHANGED THE DESCRIPTORS PREVIOUSLY CHOSEN AS YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGED . I HAVE CHANGED THE DECISION FROM THE 03/11/2017 AS I CAN NOT INCREASE THE RATE UNTILL YOU HAVE MET THE DISABILITY CONDITIONS FOR THREE MONTHS" un quote. would you be able to tell me what it is they are emplying. thanks

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @freebird1

Welcome to our online community/website.

It is great to meet you !!!!!!

We have got some "Benefit Advisors" here on the site.

I will forward your post onto them for you if that is ok ??

Please please come back to me if I can help you further ????

Hi @TheBenefitTradingCo

Can you please advise me with this post ?????

Many thanks.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @freebird1 welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the ask a benefits advisor category for you :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Any condition has to be in place for three months before the benefit can be paid.

It sounds as though your further evidence has been accepted but confirming your condition was not in place prior to 3/8/2017. Before then they do not accept that your condition met the criteria for the enhanced award.
    The DM has inreased your award but the increase will not come into payment until 3/11/2017
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi freebird1,

This is just to confirm the answer given by CockneyRebel. The DWP are saying your condition got worse on 03/08/17, so with the three month required period, you are entitled to the increase from 03/11/17.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.