Pip/esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip/esa

Options
freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I recently received my pip reassement form i filled in as best i could i have moved from shropshire to wales so i was under the cmht in shropshire i had a new assesement in september in wales and now waiting to see phychatrist on 23rd october but my pip form had to be in by the 9th of oct i could only send appointment letter with my pip form i also been diagnosed with irraversable lung disease but my consultant wont write any letters saying about my illness he said if they want info they can ring him but i,m worried they wont can anyone reassure me

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @freckles

I'm so sorry that your consultant won't help you out with your pip assessment !!!!!!!

Have you tryed your gp insteed ????

Please please let me know if I can be off assistance ??
  • freckles
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply and offer of help
  • freckles
    Options
    I got my pip assesement date letter today 11th december i had a ct scan on saturday so got results today of my phychatrist to whom i, ve seen today it does,nt make good reading he also said i,ve 99% got autism he doing some more tests so when i got home my other half rang capita and told them about my CT scan results they said send the ct scan report in which i have done by special delivery it cost me £6.45 the mental health report i sent by recorded delivery last week i was told to send directly to the DWP i did this so i have piece of mind that they will have got it all this has cost me money i dnt really have as well i asked them for a home visit they said theres none available but to keep ringing as there mite be one i struggle getting out cos of panic attacks but i don,t suppose they will take this into consideration
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi freckles

Normally a home assessment requires a specific GP's letter stating that you cannot attend a centre.

However, If they have canceled your appointment date without making a new dated then you may be in luck.

This happened with my wifes assessment. We kept ringing every day for a home visit and kept getting told none available. They did drop the info that they can only book/see appointments 2 weeks in advance, as long as you don't accept a date they should find an open home visit slot. Ring them as early in the day as you can

Good luck

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • freckles
    Options
    Thanks for your reply i had a home visit last time

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.