If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disabled Gym Equipment

SystemSystem Posts: 390 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Disabled Gym Equipment.

Replies

• PGilliesPGillies Posts: 2Member Listener
    edited October 2017
    Hi all! I am a 4th year Product Design Engineering student and have stumbled across this community in the hope that some of you may be able to help me. I have decided to design a product that will help aid physically impaired disabled people in a gym environment that will allow them to workout independently should they so choose. My aim is to remove existing design barriers that restrict disabled people using gym equipment and ultimately change the attitude some disabled people may have of the gym so that they feel more confident to use these facilities. 

I was hoping some of you may be able to discuss your own opinions on the subject with me, maybe answer some questionnaires I'll be putting out shortly, or even ask me any questions. Thanks.

P.S. I hope that it is good etiquette to post something like this on this website, apologies if not

• steve51steve51 Posts: 5,802Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PGillies

Welcome to our online community / website.

This sounds very interesting indeed.

Can you please let me know a bit more about things ??????
    Hi Steve,

Thank you for the feedback and the warm welcome.

I would be happy to explain my project in further depth and answer any questions you may have for me. The project is still in its early stages so I am currently actively seeking market and user research to better define my problem statement before I can move onto design solutions but I can discuss with you my current project vision. 

I aim to conduct a series of questionnaires commencing over the next few days that I would appreciate if you could participate then, but until then I was hoping you might be able to discuss your current thoughts and attitude towards the gym/working out?

Thanks.

edited October 2017

Hi all! I'm conducting research to get a better understanding on how people within the disabled community look at the gym environment from an attitudinal perspective, specifically those with physical/mobility impairments.

If you or a friend/family member fall under this category I would be greatly appreciative if you could take a minute or two of your time to look at the questionnaire linked below. Thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8SYSF7C 

Sign in or join us to comment.