PIP assessment recordings - Victoria Derbyshire program 16/10/17 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment recordings - Victoria Derbyshire program 16/10/17

Matilda
Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
There was an item on the Victoria program this morning about PIP assessment recordings - quite early into the program. Will be available on iPlayer later.

One point made was that two-thirds of those surveyed by disability organisations said that the assessor's report did not accurately reflect what actually took place during the assessment.  So no surprise there!

Comments

• jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    Hi @Matilda,
    Saw programme,and recorded it !, It's about time that something was done about these PIP assessments and are able to record all , mine was fabrication of my illnesses,and what I could and couldn't do  from beginning to end,I fought back and overturned their decision.I have been left after this assessment distraught and very distrustful of how this assessment was carried out and the report back after same ,which did not reflect in anyway what my illnesses are,'you cant' get more to the point that telling asesor  that I have terminal cancer'  and other disabling illnesses'.I thought after receiving my report back  that they must have sent someone else's report to my address until finding my name on it.Yes', I say record everything. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @jose2

Let's hope that audio and video recordings of assessments are made mandatory, with the assessment companies being made responsible for making the recordings, to stop all the lies.
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    'Hear Hear ' to both video and audio !@ Matilda,

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    While I fully agree with recording assessments, it should not be necessary.
    The DWP need to make sure that the AP's only employ truthfull, proffesional and compasionate assessors and that their DM's understand the system

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.