Does anyone know when D.L.A is going to be changed to PI.P? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know when D.L.A is going to be changed to PI.P?

ItsmeShaz1
ItsmeShaz1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does anyone know when D.L.A is going to be changed to PI.P? I'm sill on the d.l.a.  I have a mobility scooter on the allowance. My life line..

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ItsmeShaz1

Welcome to our online community/website.

Here's some info from on our website.

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

Please please let me know if I can help you further ???

• lottieonline
    lottieonline Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Most counties in the South of England have gone through the change.
    I'm now on PIP, you will receive a letter informing you of an approximate date of change and then New Forms which are much simpler than DLA forms.
    you can always get the local Citizens Advice to help you complete them.
    hope it all works out well.
    Lottieonline
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    The change over from DLA to PIP is very much behind schedule. Only about 50% of existing claimants have so far been assessed for PIP

Use the time to learn about the points system, the descriptors and the criteria for an award.
    DLA and PIP are completely different and an award for DLA does not mean that you will meet the criteria for a PIP award.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.