Hi, my name is LadyRichmond! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is LadyRichmond!

Options
LadyRichmond
LadyRichmond Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello everyone 

Comments

• LadyRichmond
    Options
    My name is Ruth and I am drowning in a sea of red tape called ESA and PIP
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LadyRichmond

A very very big welcome to you this fine mourning !!!!

Can you let me where you are a the present time with both benefits please ?????

I can get you the right information/support with both benefits !!!!!

Thanks.
  • LadyRichmond
    Options
    I sent in a letter to pip asking then to look at my claim again and I have just received a reply saying I have been turned down . They have turned me down on none of the evidence I gave them only what they think. As for ESA I am still having to send in doctors notes I had a reminder from them the other day saying my note runs out on November 30th I claimed this benefit in June.I am getting £73.10 per week . 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LadyRichmond,

Welcome to the community. Lots of people here have experiences going through the ESA and PIP process - so I hope we can help you.

Let us know if there are specific things you're having problems with.

• LadyRichmond
    Options
    MY employer has finished me on the grounds of ill health because I cannot work so I cannot see what the hold up is.

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LadyRichmond

Thanks, sorry but do they know that you are no longer working due to ill health so why do they need sick notes ???

I have got some info on esa to look at later do you want me to send you link once I have got my head around it ???

I have just got pip info so I need to brush up on that one before I forward it to you as I'm still on dla & I'm "chomping at the bit" for my "battle"   

Many thanks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.