Hi, my name is binriding from Peterborough UK. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is binriding from Peterborough UK.

binriding
binriding Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi Guys, disabled following a motorcycle accident in June, right leg/ankle affected by nerve damage, wheelchair/crutches user, adapted car. Not on here to moan or complain, would like to chat to people with similar problems to hear how they are dealing with pain/medicines. This might slow me down but its not going to beat me !

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @binriding

A very big welcome to you to our online community.

I'm sorry to hear about your motorcycle accident.

Yes you can "meet & great" other members who are in simulair situation who would be more than happy in sharing there stories with you.

Please Pease let me know if I can help/support you ??

You have got the right attitude to further your ongoing recovery.

Steve.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi binriding and welcome

P/boro is not far from me :)
    My riding days sadly ended a few  years ago fortunately without incident, still miss it though. Make do now with a rag top on sunny days

Please let us know if there is any help we can give

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • binriding
    Hi Guys and thanks for the welcome. Im not ready to give up my riding days yet, at the moment I can't lift my leg to put it on the foot peg but I'm confident that if I can get enough strength back I will be able to manage it. My left leg is perfectly ok so gear change presents no problems. My biggest problem by far is my family who have (understandably) told me no more riding. Unfortunately I've been riding for 35 years and you just can't switch it off !! I reckon it'll be a couple of years, but then ill be down the BMW showroom picking a new one !
    Have just bought a nearly new car and had it adapted so I can accelerate with my left foot and thats ok for work/shopping/family trips but biking is my hobby as well as my transport and finding a replacement hobby isn't straight forward. Anything I do is usually physical so I'm limited. Not complaining, theres plenty far worse off than me, just saying !

Alan
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You will ride again I have no doubt, families don't understand :)

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @binriding

Yes once a biker nothing gets in the way !!!!!!!!

Family's don't understand !!!!!!!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @binriding
    Welcome to the community :) Our member @triker1958 wrote about having an adapted trike, you might like to have a read.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • binriding

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.