Hi, my name is Lynnecresswell! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lynnecresswell!

Lynnecresswell
Lynnecresswell Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Is anyone else having to claim universal credit instead of housing benefit? 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynnecresswell, welcome to the community!

I've moved your post to the Universal Credit category so you'll be able to connect with those who may be in similar positions. You can also see past discussions in this category here. Hope that helps!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lynnecreswell and welcome

Can you let us know how this has come about ? is it a new claim for HB ?
    Have you moved into a full UC area ?
    HB is one of the benefits that is encompassed within UC

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lynnecresswell
    Lynnecresswell Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    This is a new claim for UC. I am on EESA and have just been awarded PIP. I split with my husband and moved into rented accomodation. I had too much in my savings before hand to claim HB. Now my savings have reduced I need to claim HB but just a few weeks ago my area swithched to UC.  As I know very little about UC, are there any pointers I should know before I start down the application road?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynnecresswell, Scope have some guidance on Universal Credit that you may find useful: you can read it here.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.