Calf cramps — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Calf cramps

Options
Matilda
Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
I suffered with calf cramps when lying in bed or when my legs were stretched out on the sofa.  Then I discovered that placing a pillow under my thighs and knees takes the pressure off my calves, so now - no calf cramps!  The pillow must not be placed lower down than the knees or the pressure will not be taken off the calves.

Comments

• Mia_Alumni
    Mia_Alumni Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi @Matilda

Good to know. I used to get awful night-time cramps, I'd wake up in agony and then wouldn't be able to walk the next day, so I know how horrible they can be. Haven't had them in a while - phew! Glad you have found something that helps - what a relief for you!

Take care, 

Mia
    Mia
    Helpline Information Officer
    Phone: 0808 800 3333
    Email: helpline@scope.org.uk
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I tend to get calf cramps though I believe that it is more likely nerve damage pretending to be cramp. I used to get more problems than now but when I had DLA backdated I used some of it to get an electric bed. I sleep with my legs slightly elevated and this has helped tremendously.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.