My partner has epilepsy and failed pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My partner has epilepsy and failed pip

Options
lozzi_1988
lozzi_1988 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my partner has recently been scored 0 for pip, we did the mandatory reconsideration and scored 0 again. He has grand mal tonic clonic seizures with no warning and can have up to 3 a week. He can't cook without supervision and has chocked before while eating and had a seizure while holding a kettle if I wasn't there he would of scolded hiself and he has ended up in the middle of the road before. We have a 5 year old and he can't watch her on his own someone always has to be there should we take it to tribunal 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi lozzi and welcome

So sorry you and your partner are having to go through this

You have nothing to lose and maybe everthing to gain by  taking it to tribunal

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?.

It is important to understand the points scoring system, the descriptors and the criteria for an award. To give you an idea of this try the self test on the B&W site

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

A supporting letter from your GP that details specifically the problems with the descriptors is always helpful
    Tribunals are independent and should look at all the evidence without the bias of the DWP and are around 65% successful
    Often it is not the evidence that is the problem but the way it is read ( or not )
    Take each descriptor in turn, reference it to page and paragraph of the evidence. If you submit new evidence each page must have name and NI  and do the same.
    Lead the reader to the exact place that shows how you fit the descriptor and meet the criteria. Make it idiot proof.

Please come back with any questions and we will try and help

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.