Hi, my name is dpt407066! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dpt407066!

Options
dpt407066
dpt407066 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My conditions that I have are Chronic pain disorder, sacroiliac joint pain and spondylosis, everyday is a struggle for me and my wife, as I live in constant pain, my family members either think I'm lieing or they just don't want to understand, I'm mainly in bed for 17 hours a day due to the constant pain, most people I see don't believe me because they can't see my disability and that annoys the **** out of me,I'm 47 years old from Lincolnshire, have been out of work for nearly 10 years, it will be great to chat to other members who understand what I'm going through 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dpt407066, welcome to the community! It's nice to meet you.

I'm sorry that things are a struggle for you: invisible conditions can be so difficult to deal with, especially when others don't really understand. 

You might like to look around our Invisible Impairments and Dealing With Chronic Pain categories and become acquainted with some of our members. Feel free to post at any time, and do let us know if there's anything we can assist you with too!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.