Hi, my name is pastille! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pastille!

pastille
pastille Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello I'm claiming universal credit and have just lost my job due to slickness. I am at the end of my rope trying to understand everything

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Hi @pastille, lovely to meet you and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that you've lost your job and that you're not well, I hope you're coping as well as possible.

Scope's resource on Universal Credit is a good place to start if you're looking for information. You might also like to take a look at past discussions on Universal Credit from other users. If you have any specific questions, just come back to us and we'll do our best to assist you. Hope today is as kind as possible to you!
  • pastille
    Aw thank you so much for such a welcome. I feel better already after reading that
  • pastille
    Hello this is not easy on phone!Can anyone please help I'd be so grateful. Basically I was refused ESA and was told my only option was to claim Universal Credit. So then I started working and have been totally unreliable in work due to health problems. This has been going on for 2 years now, getting sacked, getting another job, getting sacked.I wrote a letter to my gp last week it was 16 pages long! I am so desperate! I have just got another job to get me through Xmas but I won't be able to do it! I have hypothyroidism ( for which I have to buy some of my own medication and blood tests) because NHS won't pay. I have a medical xemption for life but gp
     gives me standard thyroxine & it doesn't convert well in my system so I have to add the other which I buy. My gp knows about this. I also have IBS, Freiberg's disease, Osteoarthritis and mental health problems for which I am in high intensity therapy for. Anxiety, depression, addiction ( current relapse after 6 years!! due to all this stress.) Body dysmorphia.  And past episodes of psychosis.I have had quite a lot of trauma in my life. I also have chronic insomnia for which my GP gives me Temazepam and the insomnia also makes it impossible to stay in work. I recently sent a ,3 month fit nite to UC because I was off sick and they sent me a form for a medical but they made a decision without a medical and just told me to stick to the original claimant commitment so basically I will be sanctioned if I don't work!. I am very scared right now. I am in a lit of rent arrears and about to become homeless. I can't even put gas in my meter and it is so cold! Please can someone help me  I don't know where to go from here. I know people who have no problem claiming and they don't have the health problems that  i vhave so what is going on?? I know that may sound bitter but I just don't understanI am on the verge of suicided!! I just don't know where to start
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pastille, I'm so sorry to hear that things are so difficult at the moment. It must really be a struggle to have to try and earn a living wage whilst facing your numerous health challenges.

Given the current situation you're in, I think the best thing to do would be to give the Scope helpline a ring on 0808 800 3333, to see if there is any practical advice they can offer. Does that sound like something you can do? Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
  • OutOfTheWorld99
    OutOfTheWorld99 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    edited January 2018
    Hi Everyone, i am new here and have just been reading through Pastilles post above and it would indeed make a great case for the Pensions Committee enquiry into PIP and ESA assessments,i believe they covered this a few weeks back delving into the way the cowboy provider companies paid by government seem to be on autopilot assessing people as fit for work when it's very apparent that their not.

I am surprised that due to the urgent help pastille is obviously in need of GP or Metal Health services teams have not got involved taking into consideration all pastilles conditions etc ?

Having your life being controlled by some pen pusher ticking boxes down at the dwp or job centre offices is no joke.

These are desperate times for many out there who are in need of genuine help and not to be victimized trodden on because of unfortunate circumstances/life events etc etc.

I hope Pastille is doing better now ?

Out Of The World99.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.