How strange — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How strange

cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
I recently received a letter from e.s.a saying we are aware you can do something's so we will ask you to join the work related group un till your well enough to find work it's been 13 years and I'm worse not better how is this even possible .. my mobility is almost zero .  
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathie

A very big welcome to you this mourning.

I'm very sorry to hear about your current problems.

We have got some info below for you from witin our website.

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances?_ga=2.159557309.106763473.1509439736-329981180.1498300069

Please please let me know if you require any help with it ????

Thanks.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this, @cathie. Were you receiving ESA before now? It might be a good idea to get in touch and ask for further clarification.
  • cathie
    I was put on work related when I moved borough was so poorly then went into women's aid I know I was never assessed just money stopped eveey other week then told to get doctors note     I'm sick of dealing with this were fighting a losing battle with governments and goverment workers that fight dirty   if people killing them self and dying as a direct result   well mental health bill will be huge compared to d.l.a and  pip bills these people are not fit to be in control of the people  a read report today from human rights said it's a disgrace and against human  rights  if European court can say but do nothing  we all in trouble or the goverment are people  can no longer turn blind eyes to this behaviour  of the most vunrable  people on earth   mind you  look at Hitler only after do people say how disgrace full this was   I read a women of four kids froze to death come on its 2017.  . Who's gonna step in it's more than a fact too many people saying how were being treated yet   it continues  all those should be done for murder after reading how many dead from this said 30thousand mass murder   sorry my views while every member of staff going along with it trying there best to  mess up people and claims should be up with those charges a long with every goverment officials they are all aware of these results . .
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @Cathie

It's worth clarifying with the DWP exactly why they have sent you this letter now - as is sounds like a decision letter to me, and if so it is appealable.

Give the DWP a ring and find out whether you have only just come of assessment phase and been put in the work-related group - if so then consider appealing.

Descriptor 1 of the support group descriptors relates to mobilising, therefore if you are unable to mobilise then you may qualify this way - just beware that if you would be able to mobilise in a manual wheelchair then this will be taken into account.

https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/1353-support-group-descriptors

Let us know if you need more pointers!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• cathie
    Turns out letter was of no relevance all the false information I have been fed this week maybe due to its a call centre were getting through to and not directly to d.w.p.officers  it apears to make more aence now .some don't have a clue wots going on information fed to us is from inexperienced ..basically phone answering crew .  Nothing more ..some must belive the information  to a claimant in there option of no experience or real knowledge or training  is in there option the correct answers. Mind you had I of taking it as gospel would not have attended today as she had me belive benifits would have been stopped  straight away ..although this information  wobbled me it also joined dot to dot of some of what I been saying how contraction of calls and advice made no sense. Now I see why ..ohhhh I see not correct but answers ... 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    Whilst if decided to stop allowing this mistreatment and complaints put in place names given . Recorded conversations passed on ment all paper work from 2004 gone through with fine tooth comb  via  legal advise people  at time of  work related shift I was still receiving great deal of help ie  meals on wheels .community nurses . Social services ambulance crews help to get out of bed and washed and dressed in taking my kid to school via taxi .ect ECT.  Also letter from  surgeon about note putting me this work related as not fit ..wow. so much . **** ups  as after all this there I was on work related  stopping money reg as wasn't fit to get doctors note  so much morphine  lucky to be awake for more than ten mins at a time.. how wrong is all this ..  I feel  differently as if finally been listened to. Amazing  dig bit deeper sure there's so much more 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    edited November 2017
    cathie,

Very glad you feel listened to now. It sounds as if an error was made and you are still in the support group and do not have to do anything. I hope I've understood that correctly. I completely agree with complaining because this must have caused you a lot of worry.

Will

• cathie
    No it appears I'm still in the work related  group 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo

@Cathie! Oh no!

I reckon you could try asking for a mandatory reconsideration of that letter you've received!

You can do this my putting the request in writing to the DWP, or by calling them - I think you could keep it as simple as just stating that as you do above that your mobility is almost zero, and add that you have numerous other health conditions that are deteriorating over time, and that you think you should be in the Support Group.

As you rightly say, if you stay in the work-related group, you must make sure you keep to your appointments or you could get sanctioned!

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/about-the-esa-groups/

Let us know if you need any more specific advice Cathie - good luck!

Kind regards,

Mary

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.