What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

PIP entitlement

caroline37caroline37 Member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: What else can I get with PIP?.

Replies

• caroline37caroline37 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    hi I'm new to all this iv never claimed a thing till now and have pip daily living needs and mobility and would like to know if any 1 can tell me if I'm entitled to any other benefits some1mentioned fuel allowance, and council tax 

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Community champion Posts: 5,259 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi caroline and welcome

Have you tried putting your details into one of the on line benefits calculators /
    there is one on here somewhere ?

You might also consider getting a full benefit check from CAB

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member - under moderation Posts: 4,897 Disability Gamechanger
    No-one mentioning that a PIP award can trigger entitlement to a national concessionary travel pass? In some areas, like Greater Manchester, this covers a lot more than free travel on just buses. It's a liberation for many people and can save an absolute fortune. 

Also check out the Disabled Persons Railcard and the CEA care for cinema goers. 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caroline37, as CR says, the online benefits calculator is a good place to start.

There is also a comprehensive list of extra money and help you may be eligible for alongside PIP on Citizens Advice website that is definitely worth a read. It includes benefit top-ups as well as info on council tax and concessionary travel. Hope this helps!
Sign in or join us to comment.