PIP reassessment change in circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP reassessment change in circumstances

wattycz1
wattycz1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
On 28th of September I had a reassessment as my condition has got worse after approximately 8 days I requested a copy of the assesment report and this has been received read through all the information and according to the report there should be a change in the award from standard living to enhanced living and enhanced mobility had payment yesterday still on the previous award 
I still have not received any confirmation of any decision from DWP. I am looking to find out if anyone else out there has been through similar or anyone else out there knows what should be the process I informed dwp in July regarding the change of condition. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wattycz1, sorry to hear that you've not yet had the right payments or confirmation on your outcome. It might just be an administrative delay: have you tried contacting the DWP to see if your updated report has been processed yet? You can find your local contact details on this website

Do keep us updated and let us know how things are going, and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know.
  • wattycz1
    I called them a few times but it' stressed me out now , I have been getting conflicting answers as to if any backdated payments would be due 1.date of notification. 
    2. Date of assessment etc I prefer facts and can't seem to get any including  decision makers perception of the assesment report 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Oh no @wattycz1, that sounds really stressful. I'm sorry you're not getting the answers you need.

@CockneyRebel, any advice? You seem like a pro in this area! 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Even though you have received the assessment report it is quite possible that no decision has been made.

With a change in circumstance, as with any claim, the condition has to be in place for three months and likely to continue for at least nine months.

If a new decision is made in line with the report it is likely that they will assume that the change took place on the date that you reported it, therefore it will not start in payment until three month from that date ie 28th December

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
  • wattycz1
    Initially I was awarded standard living November 2016, advised that change in circumstances July 2017 September 2017 assessment, sorry it takes me a while to digest information,  would there be a back payment? I thought that any notification of change in circumstances would be from when they were informed maybe i am too logical 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah ok
    They should take the start of the three months from the date you notified them, so three months from July. You should then get it back dated to  October

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wattycz1
    Thanks for that CR  I have been getting so many conflicting information about this but since you are held in such high regard here I am happy to go with your answer it's so frustrating having to wait for other people to make a decision about what you can get and when,  I was shocked at how favourable the assesment report towards me I hope that they decide to go with it. 
  • wattycz1
    Thanks for your information. There is alot of other questions that would come from your reply. 
    Also I feel statements,
    What is the point of the Government paying for these companies to carry out assessments if the DWP change any recommendations I understand the quality assessment being carried that has to be done but when you actually read a report and it is 100% factual  down to the last little bit,  that is where the quality of the assesment report should come in , and i bet if it was on this there would be less MC's and Tribunals the truth will always out, I am sure that when Scotland launches it' devolved powers to disability benefits the system will be totally different but that's in the future 
  • wattycz1
    Thanks  all the medical evidence that I have was sent I know it is totally truthful we will just wait and see 
  • wattycz1
    Ok so I had my award for PIP decision and with the help and support from my MP without him I would still be waiting. He contacted DWP on my behalf and as if by magic he had a received a reply today, I was previously on standard daily living,reassessment of my PIP the new award is for enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility for 3 years from 7th of September 2017 I am so relieved that it is over for a couple of years anyway my next payment is due on 13th of December. Is there a possibility of me receiving backdated payments up to my next payment date which would be 7th of September up to 15th of November?  
  • fithemadhatter
    fithemadhatter Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi there
    Aim in the same situation I put a change in at the start of July had a new f2f in September found out my report was with the decision maker at start of October and still no word on a decision going on 8 weeks now and iam so unwell with worry can't sleep or eat because of it all have phone many times and given different information each time last called on Wednesday and the woman was very nasty told me it will take as long as it takes 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @fithemadhatter, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's no surprise that you're feeling worried and there was no reason for the woman to be nasty with you for enquiring. Have you heard anything from them today?
  • wattycz1
    Getting in touch with my MP without doubt was the best thing I done, give it a go good luck 
  • fithemadhatter
    fithemadhatter Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Still no word today and iam now to worried to phone again

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.