Free prescriptions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free prescriptions

Options
Beverleyfarley
Beverleyfarley Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my names bev I've recently changed to the support group of ESA.iwent to the dentist in August and have now received a fine am I entitled to free prescriptions.!!please help .

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Beverleyfarley

Sorry SG  does not entitle you to free nhs services
    You need an income related element for this

If you are on a low income you can apply for an HC2 certificate which does

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Beverleyfarley, if you're interested in finding out more about the HC2 form mentioned above, there is more information on the NHS BSA page. The first things you need to do is complete a HC1 form application and send it off. Hope this helps!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is a prescription season ticket that anyone can buy - this can greatly reduce the cost if you need a large number of prescriptions each year. Assume these days you can buy them online - look on NHS website, or ask at a pharmacy how you can buy a prescription season ticket.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.