Hi everyone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone

Beaker
Beaker Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just found the forum so I thought I would join the community. I've been disabled for many years but I still have lots to learn when it comes to equipment etc.  Hoping to join in and learn new things as I go :)

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Beaker, welcome to the community! Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
  • Beaker
    Beaker Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @Beaker, welcome to the community! Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Hi Pippa, thank you  :)

I'm Sarah, I'm 42 years old, married with 2 children and I live on the North Yorkshire/Lancashire border.

I have been disabled for a long time but in recent years I've steadily got worse and I now use an electric wheelchair to get around.  I'd love to be able to find out new ways of incorporating this into my life when it comes to every day living and transport etc so looking forward to reading how other people manage. Thanks for having me.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    @Beaker Good to hear! I hope using your electric wheelchair is going well and you're adapting as well as possible.

You might be interested in our Disability aids and equipment category, as there tend to be a lot of wheelchair-related conversations going on in there, and do let us know if we can be of any assistance! 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Beaker

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

It's great to have you onboard.

Please please let me know if you require any assistance ?????

Thanks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.