Hi, I'm Dex — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Dex

Dexterp91
Dexterp91 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Because I'm seemingly very stupid, I made the mistake of putting my initial intro here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/37456/where-to-start-my-introduction-post-of-everything#GfbYgOgbfVQyJpmc.99

I'm a disabled 26 year old with Cerebral Palsy who seemingly seeks to make life harder for himself. I do well, I got put through a school that offered no real qualification, somehow blagged my way into college, Uni and now in a webdev job (sometimes you have to step back to truly see your achievements) for me, it's never really enough, I always aspire for me.

I got chatting to an awesome lady I met on a dating site. I go on plenty of dates, but always felt like I need something my own pace - that's a tangent anyway) and this lady told me that I'd do well to chat to people here a bit. -still single ;)

I am NOT an advocate or a representative for disabled people. This might come across as insensitive or a bit flagrant, but I dealt with my issues and overcame these obstacles on my own, in ways that would probably be shunned anyway. Most people in the "special school" that I went to, lacked mental capacity, so it was up to myself to ensure I could mix with, and adapt to "normal people" in "normal situations". Self degradation and dark humour helped me mix with stoners in college. I'm realist. too miserable for most, so that differentiated me the disabled people that had come before.

I will happily share my thoughts and experiences, but I won't  be an ambassador or constant help to everyone.. I'm a fairly busy person. But hopefully I can chat to some awesome people here, and learn a thing or two in the process

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dexterp91

A very very big welcome to you this mourning.

I hope that you are having a good start to the day ???

Please please have a good look around & please let me know if youy require any help/support ???

Many thanks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.