Hi, my name is michelle2908! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is michelle2908!

Options
michelle2908
michelle2908 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I would love some help/support as I am in the process of filling forms to send an appeal, I was refused the mandatory reassessment for ESA after scoring 0 points, after 20 years of being on sickness benefits. I have osteo arthritis but am so stressed by it all, it's making me ill

Comments

• Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Michelle2908

There may be a local disability information service in your area that has a welfare rights worker, try looking on our directory: 

https://www.scope.org.uk/Support/Service-directory#panel-map

If you can't access face to face support locally you might wish to call the Scope Helpline: 0808 800 3333

Best Wishes

Jean

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi @michelle2908

A very very big welcome to our online community.

I'm very sorry to hear that things are getting very difficult currently.

Please please let me know if there is any help & support that I can offer you ???????

Many thanks.

• debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Michelle2908
    I am in a very similar situation and just today posted my appeal to tribunal for ESA because they did not change their decision on my request for Mandatory Reconsideration.  I was at my lowest in life and would not have managed to come this far without the help of the Citizens Advice Bureau.  They were truly amazing, explained everything about the catastrophic system call the DWP, they guided me how to apply for tribunal appeal and gave me lots of valuable advice.  Please use recorded next day delivery, check the journey on Royal Mail Tracking and print off the evidence that it was signed for at its destination.  My medical assessment was a shambles with many inconsistencies, contradictions and lies.  I cross referenced and highlighted every one of them and the DWP Decision Maker said that they will not acknowledge this information! I just hope and pray that the tribunal panel will take note of this injustice done to me.
    I really do feel for you and wish you the justice that you most certainly do deserve!!! 

Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.