Hi, my name is nicola8803! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nicola8803!

nicola8803
nicola8803 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello i am nicola i look after my daughter who has 3 different types of epilepsy and she got 0 points for pip assesment and reconsideration she struggles every day carnt cook or use kitchen utensils due to jerkie and tonic clonic seizures her memory has suffered greatly with the seizures she needs constant help and supervision as great harm has happened and could happen if on her own she suffers with depression due to dealing with her epilepsy and they think they have a right to lie about peoples life and health her epilepsy is still not under control her consultant has tried for years to get it to a level were it could be managed this pip really annoys me as i see alot of people who lie about there disabilitys and they get it my daughter and other epileptics have been penolised for there dishonesty it makes me so mad as you could imagine we go for her appeal on the 12th of december i just hope they listen to us unlike the ones who lie about you that take your pip claim and judge you with there dealings with epilepsy and say your seizures are under control with medication when clearly they arnt got letter off consultant to prove this they said in the write up that they took her on face value cause she was clean and tidy people who know us and around us carnt believe what they have done to her 
Sorry for the ramble it makes me so mad

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicola8803, and welcome to the community! It's good to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent PIP experience, it must have been so disappointing for you and your daughter to have that outcome when it sounds like she clearly is entitled to more. Unfortunately, I'm sure many members of our community will also be able to relate to your story.

Best of luck for your upcoming appeal. I hope you get the outcome you're hoping for, and keep us updated: we'll do our best to support you wherever you can. In the meantime, you might also be interested in joining in our Parents and Carers discussions. Hope this helps and have a lovely day!
  • nicola8803
    nicola8803 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thank you they dont look at everything a epileptic goes through and deals with day to day they have this disability through no fault of there own and they dont give them a thought i spoke to neurology about this and they said you wouldnt believe how many people they have done this too her consultant wrote a letter straight away but they dont seem to be listening to your own doctor who has spent the last 10 years dealing with the disability trying to get it under control i just wish they would support epileptics more cause its just so dangerous 

Thankyou will do a write up after pip appeal 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.