Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

D L A

supersue21supersue21 Member Posts: 2 Listener
my partner has been on the low amount of D L A for a number of years when will he be put on P I P 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member - under moderation Posts: 4,878 Disability Gamechanger

Nobody gets "put on" PIP. They will be invited to start the claim process via letter and you then get 4 weeks to start it off with a phone call. If you don't make the phone call then DLA stops 8 weeks later after 1 4 week warning/reminder. They're currently working through the aged 50+ indefinite awards although this has either slowed or even stopped in some areas thanks to backlogs accruing.

A number of people report first knowing they'd been invited when their DLA stopped i.e.they didn't get the letters so benefit stopped. So, it's as well to ensure your 4 weekly payments are still happening regularly as there's no backdating.

• bevvypbevvyp Member Posts: 42 Connected
    Hi I've lost my nephew last year to suicide,my dad in June to cancer,  and my husband in july to cancer, I have fibromialgia and enfasema, tied to claim benefits because I'm also suicidal and seeing a mental health facilitator and councillor which was private so having to stop because I can't afford 50 pounds a week and not entitled to benefits coz I have savings from my husbands pension and critical illness,  I have to pay people to do jobs as I've been unable for years, I tried pip 2 yrs ago but scored 0, would I be entitled now as being looked after by family because I am so depressed/ anxious and on med _ which I keep mixing up _ I'm desperate for help to organise anything, I remember nothing on a daily basis and have been sitting crying since 26th July 2016 when my nephew hung himself, I also lost  2 friends and an aunt to date _ the last 18 mths have been and still are horrendouslying painful, I could easily wrap my car round a tree but can't do it because I have son's and grandchildren who are suffering too and I couldn't hurt my family that way but wanting and having to be here are very different , I feel I'm going mad please advise x
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member - under moderation Posts: 4,878 Disability Gamechanger
    You need face to face advice locally ASAP. What you’re describing in your post above is the start of a successful PIP claim but you need to get support to help you detail everything in the claim pack and then challenge decision via MR and appeal if needed. 
    I am filling in a form and asked local mp to help so we will wait and see thankyou everyone xx
    Wrong source of advice imho. Local independent advice agency and quickly.
    Thankyou mikehughescq
Sign in or join us to comment.