If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Zero points

NickyFNickyF Posts: 2Member Listener
I had my ESA assessment in October. Got a phone call last week saying I've been awarded zero points (been on esa for 4 years) when I received my letter Saturday I couldn't believe the lies the assesser had put. Claims I drive my manual car to go shopping every day for an hour. Drive my car every fortnight to get my benefit money out (I don't use cash) says I'm of average build that's a joke I'm 20 stone. Claims I could bend down and touch my shins I can put both hands above my head and behind my back. There's too much she said she got me to do when she never got me to do any of these and I couldn't do it anyway if I had been asked. Said my hips and ankles rotate normally, she never did any of this. All she asked me to do was get up on couch which she had lowered and put a step there and I had crutches to help me she then asked me to raise my legs aa high as I could and then she pushed down on them. Can't raise my legs high anyway. Also said I walked 200 metres to the assessment room more lies it was no lore than 3 meters If that. Said I heard my name being called she actually came over to me. I'd taken all my medication and explained I hadn't brought the opened edge bottle of morphine in case it leaked she said that was fine but in report states bottle of morphine unopened and dated August. I have fibromyalgia. Arthritis on my knees, carpal tunnel bilateral, peripheral neuropathy, ibs, depression and discomfort degenerative disease. I take Co codamol, mirtazpine, morphine patches and liquid oramoroh and tablets for my ibs. She states non of my medication has side affects.
I'm going to do a mandatory reconsideration but I'm at my wits end and no clue how to word it. Also asked for full report of assessment. 

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,366Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    In what you have written above you are halfway there to wording an MR. Just take each activity in turn and pick apart the inaccuracies. There's no rocket science to it. No magic form of words etc.
  • NickyFNickyF Posts: 2Member Listener
    Thank you mikehughescq.. I just  to make sure I word it properly without blatantly calling her a big liar.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,366Member - under moderation Disability Gamechanger
    Good call. You may believe they have been wholly dishonest and deliberately so but that's a near impossible thing to prove legally as that comes down to motivation. They have a standard response to such accusations and most WROs would agree that their response is legit. All you can actually prove is that they were inaccurate. Stick to the objective language and focus on the inaccuracies regardless of what your emotions tell you.
Sign in or join us to comment.