Hi, my name is nikki6! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nikki6!

nikki6
nikki6 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. My partner has MS and I trying to get in touch with others that are in a similar situation.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nikki6, nice to meet you!

I've moved your post into our Parents and Carers category, so that others in similar situations may be more likely to see it: you might also like to have a read through past discussions yourself. The MS Society also has a great resource on coping when somebody close to you has MS, in case you haven't seen it already. 

Let us know if we can be of any assistance and hope you have a lovely day!

• SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    Hi @nikki6, I don't know if you have already been informed but there are many MS coffee mornings in lots of Towns and Cities around the Country and you should be able to find them easy on the tinternet, good luck from SethLaa 
  • saramichelle
    saramichelle Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi I'm new on here too and my partner has an incurable heart and lung deserve,I know it's not like ms but it's just as debilitating as both deseases result in being in a wheelchair and we are full time carers so in that way I know how you feel.I've never spoken to another carer before and I would really like to talk to others who understand.There are loads of support groups for ms and I hope you find one nearby.My partner has chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension  (try saying that after a few drinks at xmas)!! How long have you been a carer? I hope you're claimed all the benefits your entitled to especially p.I. p n carers allowance.I wish you all the best for the future.Us women are strong though so I know you will be o.k and thanks for sharing your story as it helps to know we're not alone.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.