I need your help! :) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need your help! :)

Options
KieraT
KieraT Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hi Everyone,

I am a third year English Language Studies student at the University of Winchester. I writing to see if any of you would be willing or able to help me out with data collection for my final dissertation project. The dissertation focuses on the phonetic acquisition of suprasegmental features (this is just the academic term for speech processes such as intonation, stress, rhythm etc) by hearing impaired children with and without the aid of cochlear implants. This is a topic that I am very interested and passionate about.

For the study, I need to collect anonymous audio recordings from children with hearing impairment (with congenital hearing loss) aged 7-18, reading a very short sample of text provided from a children's book. I will also require the completion of a short questionnaire. The process will be very quick and easy. 

I am sending this as a preliminary message; if you are able to help me gather some data from your children or other hearing impaired children that you know then please let me know by replying to this thread or emailing me directly at k.thomas.15@unimail.winchester.ac.uk. I will then send you more detailed information along with the official letter and consent form.

Thank you in advance, it would be extremely thankful if you could help me out with this. Kiera 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.