Hi, my name is elaine1963! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is elaine1963!

Options
elaine1963
elaine1963 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i have Crohns ive been ill for 4yrs they are still trying to get my medication right on top of that i had to leave my job would love some advice on coping with crohns and with any help i can get with money . I feel totaly useless 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @elaine1963, and welcome! Sorry to hear that you had to leave your job and that you're feeling so unwell. I'm sure you'll know of Crohns and Colitis UK who have some great support and guidance on coping, and you might also like to chat to @Nasmamu, @milkmaid and @Judyb. We have lots of community members with bowel diseases, so I hope it helps to at least know you're not alone.

In terms of financial support, the online benefits calculator is a great place to start: you just add in your details and it'll tell you what you may be entitled to. Hope this helps! 
  • Nasmamu
    Nasmamu Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Hi @elaine1963
    Sorry to hear about your medical problems. I have had crohns since 2006 and have been through the run of emotions you are probably going through. There IS light at the end of the tunnel i promise you. I got so bad i was minutes away from suicide but now although life isnt perfect its much improved. Any questions please feel free to ask. And please stay strong. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.