Short stories for a puppet show about Cerebral Palsy (by a puppeteer with CP). — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Short stories for a puppet show about Cerebral Palsy (by a puppeteer with CP).

NikkiRosa
NikkiRosa Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi everyone,

My name is Nikki, I am a puppeteer and I also have Cerebral Palsy.

A couple of  years ago I created some puppets which have Cerebral Palsy. I know it sounds strange at first hearing! I wanted to create puppets that reflected my own phisicality and moved like they had CP. I made them wearing the splints and Piedro boots from when I was younger.
I have just received great news of some Arts Council funding to create a puppet show with these puppets to appear at the Mayor of London's Liberty Festival in 2018. Here's some more information on the festival: https://www.london.gov.uk/events/2017-07-15/liberty-festival

For this show I am hoping to collect brief stories, funny or serious, of everyday experiences of having CP.  I will put them together to be performed in small puppetry sketches.
So I am opening a discussion for anyone who would like to contribute a story! It can be from any point in your life, and as brief or as detailed as you like.

With your story just say if you would like to be credited or remain anonymous. 

Thank you for taking time to read this! If you have any questions at all, just ask. 

Best wishes,

Nikki

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.