WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A TRIBUNAL DECISION? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A TRIBUNAL DECISION?

Options
loopyt
loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
The tribunal have allowed ,y appeal taking me back to enhanced mobility. I received their letter last week but wonder what happens now?

Comments

• loopyt
    Options
    Thankyou for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate your response. I thought it would take much longer (even if they decide not to challenge the decision) so I am relieved it won't take months!
    Thank you T
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually barring SOR etc DWP will put a tribunal decision into payment 5-8 weeks.
    It is worth ringing DWP to make sure they have received the notification as they do sometimes mislay them

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jackie27
    jackie27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    I won my tribrule  and it took 5mths before it went into payment 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The DWP have a month to request the SOR, BUT the judge is under no time limit to respond which can account for delays

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • loopyt
    Options
    Absolutely shocked and very pleased to say that I have had a letter from DOW today stating that they are going to pay what the tribunal have stated, what a relief. They have also extended the award. Thankyou all for your response
  • loopyt
    Options
    Predictive text sorry shoukd say DWP
  • susieb45
    susieb45 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
    Options
    Hi how did long did it take get your backpayment please 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    susieb45 said:
    Hi how did long did it take get your backpayment please 

You've posted on a thread that's over 4 years old and the person hasn't been active since January 2020. After a Tribunal win it can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer to receive backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susieb45
    susieb45 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
    Options
    @poppy123456 sorry didn't realise how old this was. Thank you for your quick response 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.