Isolation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Isolation

DinoBoo
DinoBoo Community member Posts: 6 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Disability and Social Isolation.

Comments

• DinoBoo
    Hi everyone I'm new here and when I saw the topic of the week was isolation I just had to make a comment I'm Disabled I suffer from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome / m e  and depression along with anxiety stress panic attacks now I don't know any many people on here are familiar with Fibromyalgia and m.e but Fibro is a very painful condition to have along with so many issues you suffer from  and m.e is where you constantly tired even waking up tired my isolation is so bad I haven't been out of my flat for 3 months or more my anxiety is so bad I never been like this it's only since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia it's feels like my place is my jail my partner even bought me a mobility scooter to get me out since I can't walk far without being in alot of pain I've only used it a few times even going to my drs which is only down the end of my street I can't do go people have invited me out I have to tell them I can't go my depression is so bad at present sometimes I just feel like vanishing well I stop rambling on hope this makes sense in what I have written 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DinoBoo, and welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us: I have some of the same conditions as you do, as do many of the community, and understand how difficult they can be to live with. I really hope you find comfort in knowing that you're not alone, and that you can always find somebody to chat to on the Online Community. 

If there's anything specific we can help you with just let us know, and if not take a look around and get stuck in: you may find our chronic pain and invisible impairments categories particularly interesting. Hope today is as kind as possible to you! 
  • DinoBoo
    Thank you very much hugs 

• May07
    May07 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    I to live in isolation I'm disabled recently widowed middle aged lady who went from a happy bubbly go getter girl to living alone n av to av a carer other than her I see hardly anyone the friends stop coming you just get forgotten about day in day out the same thing I feel your pain 
  • katiedizzi
    katiedizzi Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello ....I have all the same health issues but I am quite content to never go out. I was also a happy fun person but my health has sucked all the life out of me and I have no wish to go out and mix.......I have hobbies that keep me busy, just simple things that can take days to complete and I'm always as busy as my body will allow.....I feel happier in my own company and life is far less stressful that way....x x katie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.