MS help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MS help?

Options
poohbear67
poohbear67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2017 in Work and employment
Hi I have just joined 

Comments

• poohbear67
    poohbear67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi all
    I have multiple sclerosis I was diagnosed a year ago ,I am 50 year old and went down hill very quickly, I have also been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have a cpap which I have been using since April this year, I'm still employed but have not been able to work since December 2015 I have lower body problems, I cant not feel anything from my waist down and my job entails me to stand alot and walk around alot which I can't do. My boss doesn't seem to want to medically discharge me , I would like to know what if anything I can claim from them if anything, I have been told I can claim my holiday pay for last year from them. I have been awarded PIP and ESA . I'm in constant pain 24/7 and I'm taking loads of medication and I go to hospital every four weeks for an infusion .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @poohbear67, and welcome! So sorry to hear about your current circumstances.

I've moved your post into our Ask an employment advisor category so they can assist you further. In the meantime, you may be interested in Scope's information on reasonable adjustments and other work-related content. Hope today is as kind as possible to you!
  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    edited December 2017
    Options
    HI @poohbear67  

Sorry to hear about your current situation, it sounds like it has been a very unpleasant turn of events.

In order to assist you better i just need to understand exactly where you're at, so if you could please answer the following questions.
    As I understand you are technically employed still employed by your current employer but haven't been able to go to work since December 2015 due to ill health? 

Are you looking to go back to work with your employer in a different/ adapted role? or is your aim to be to be medically discharged from work?

And finally have you left work (or in the process of leaving work) and want to know whether you would be able to claim any payments for any statutory leave that you did not take?

I look forward to hearing back from you

Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.