Cutting backmy hours — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cutting backmy hours

redwillow
redwillow Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2017 in Work and employment
Hi all, i work full time at the moment and end up in so much pain in my legs, i want to cut my hours down, but can’t afford to. As anyone got any advice on how i can do this, mant thanks x

Comments

• Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    edited November 2017
    Hi @redwillow. Hope you're well. 
    Sorry to hear that the pain in your legs is causing you so much pain and discomfort. 
    From what i gather you would like to cut down your hours, but cant afford to do as, as a reduction in hours means in reduction in pay. Depending on the nature of your job, is it possible speak to your employer about working from home on  some days?
     Have you also looked into Personal Independence Payment? if eligible you could be entitled to between £22 and £141.10 a week, to help with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill health or disability. This could help subsidise some of your costs if you do decide to reduce your hours.

Alternatively it might be a good idea to explore other jobs within your capabilities, where you could apply your current skills set, without it having too much of an adverse impact of your health. 

If you would be interested in exploring different routes of employment and feel you would like some support, Scope have a brand new employment service called Support to Work.  The service aims to support disabled adults of working age seeking employment. It provides support with employability skills, CV guidance and Interview techniques. If you would like to find out more about the service or register your interest, you can do so by calling us on; 03002225742, emailing us on; supporttowork@scope.org.uk.

Hope that helps
    Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.