Turned down for pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turned down for pip

sarah170
sarah170 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
My Son has been turned down for pip. He has been in receipt of dla since the age of 5. He is now 18.
His disability will not get any better and its not gone away.
I have appealed against the decision but does that mean he will stay in receipt of dla.

Thanks Sarah 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
    I pretty sure his Dla will end now.. Have u asked them to look at the claim again and point out why you think their decision is wrong? 
  • loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Hi Sarah, I am sure someone will advise you how to proceed. You have a month to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Ask for a copy of the assessors report and look into that then apply for the MD addressing the points you think are wrong. I would also suggest that it may help to get a letter from your GP or any health professional responsible for your son's care. If you have put in the appeal form you can still send more evidence to the court.
  • rissa10
    rissa10 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have gone for pip 2 times now and been no on both 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.