Isolation, — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Isolation,

deedeex
deedeex Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Ihad aStroke 2010, and still have some weaknesse's, can get about the house ok, and walk outsisAe with walking stick for balance, but do still suffer pain, and balance issues, cant wash my own hair, need A Lady ho comes to help me daily with things like that, and the stroke caused me to have Epilepsy to, so im unable to drive now to, so she has to take me anywhere if I ned to go anywhere, so ive lost my independence, which I hate, I cant just ip to a friends when i want to, or the local sop have to wait on this lady comming here o go for me, it so soul crushing,my husband cheated,  got rid of him, I dont see my friends like I did b4 the stroke, they work so dont have the time in the Day like I do, I hd to leae my job, because not able to drive, so the isolation is ****. my mobility ir pretty much at a stand still now really even tho i do till try work on what needs improving at a local gym best i can, when i can. when my helper takes me, i ont have the confidence, fo public transport on my own, and i know thats holding me back so much ;-/ this is a great site for us to write and share <3<3 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing this with us @deedeex, and I'm sorry to hear about all that you've been through lately. I'm glad that you're enjoying the Online Community: if there's anything we can advise you on, just let us know! 
  • deedeex
    deedeex Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for sharing this with us @deedeex, and I'm sorry to hear about all that you've been through lately. I'm glad that you're enjoying the Online Community: if there's anything we can advise you on, just let us know! 
    Thank you Pppascope, I ould like to join a like minded type of group that I could goto, but I cant seem to find anything local to myself, or tobe honist what catagory I am looking for, oviously Disabled, but I am pretty abled also, so its difficult to know what kind of group i would come under if you understand that, im sure you can ;-/ lol many thanks xx
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    edited November 2017
    Hey there @deedeex

Nice to meet you on here. 

Crikey  life's dealt you some **** in the last 7 years. Sounds like you're doing amazing though I can hear how you must feel so isolated. 

Sounds like you need something new to get your teeth into...... What do you enjoy.?

Ive found Facebook groups really good for meeting like minded people. I know it's not the same as 8j reap life, just one of lots of suggestions you are bound to get. For example I love aquariums, piano, wildlife, TV, cooking, arm chair travelling..... So I'm in groups for those that like fish, piano music, TV, cooking etc. It's great hearing about people's passions but I've been surprised at how much I can give back too. E. G. If someone's fish is sick.... Or I can advise which note in an Elton John song to play or something.... I won't lie. It just makes me feel like it's worth being 9j the planet when I can help someone else. Even just a 'where I live' group is fun. 

Obviously meeting people you meet online has its own safety issues... But online chatting has really helped me. 

Facebook etc also helps me keep in touch with friends who are working  love seeing their baby pics,.. Etx

I'm so impressed your a gym bunny... Is that something you are into?

What are you trained in / what did you used to do for work?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Hello @Deedeex I hope you are ok pleased to meet you.  I read what you have written.  Life has been tough and I know it is not easy.  I understand this as so does this community.  All of us have similar stories.  I hope and pray that you find peace and solace.  I joined this forum a while a go and have read and met some amazing stories and people.  I wish you the best in what ever you do
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    Hi @DeeDeex
     welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.