Backdated PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated PIP

Options
mmarkw
mmarkw Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, looking for correct answer ( if possible ) I was on lower rate PIP until 27th of June when I had a leg amputation. I rang to claim higher rate on 2nd of July and today I finally got it sorted. I am now on higher rate but my claim has only been backdated to 27th of September and only the mobility element and not the living allowance part?? Does this make sense?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi mmarkw and welcome

There is a three month qualification period for any condition or change of condition  as in your case. So payment will only come into force 3 months following your claim which is correct at 27th september.

If you have been awarded enhanced both then both should be paid from 27th september

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mmarkw, and welcome! I hope the above information from CR helps: if you have any other queries, just let us know. You may also be interested in these PIP FAQs
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

Just to confirm CR's answer is correct, as CR usually is!

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.