Talk about the DWP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Talk about the DWP

NicolaCook
NicolaCook Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. Im new to the group. Hope all is ok. Is anyone available to talk about the dwp?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NicolaCook welcome to the community, what would you like to talk about?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • NicolaCook
    Just struggling at the moment and need some advice. I work 18hrs a week, registered disabled and suffer chronic condition and in pain 24/7. I have Autism. Ive had to email MP of local area as claim for working tax credit was rejected, despite having it before. Ive been working there 7 months now and loving it. But the reason i contacted the MP was because they missed the deadline which was the 14th to let me know, and ive  or not anything. Its just the system but it needs to be looked at. I mentioned that in the email.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you heard anything back from your MP?

What reasons did the DWP give for turning down Working Tax Credits?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • NicolaCook
    Ive emailed all my details to them so its now a waiting game. They claim im not working enough hours. Im working 18hrs a week. Luckily i have been keeping a correct up to date record of my hours with staff and myself signing it at the end of each day. Hopefully the HMRC will listen to the MP and i will hear soon. Im also on a lot of medications just to get through the day.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear you're struggling, @NicolaCook. Keep us updated and we'll do what we can to advise you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.