Had a stroke some time ago and feeling lonely — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had a stroke some time ago and feeling lonely

Options
Callie123
Callie123 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
I am this is my first time here , I had a stroke a some some time ago, I finds if it  very lonely just now but get out every day .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Callie123
    Welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you are feeling lonely, but great to hear you get out every day.  Have you looked at what groups are local to you? Your GP surgery, community centres and libraries usually have information on what is going on.

We are a friendly group here so do jump in and get involved :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Callie123

Welcome to the community. My mum is stroke survival with right side paralysis (hand is the most affected) + aphasia. 
    I do understand your feelings. Here is another member of community brining to the attention loneliness problem and is stroke survival too. Let me introduce @deedeex. Please chat to mentioned person, perhaps you are leaving near by and could make a friends. 
  • rtfs35
    rtfs35 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    IiZA I am same as your mum its my left side I am stuck in I do see physsio and occupational therepist most day and go hospital2 a week otherwise I see day and night 4 walls Its starting to take its toll can not Evan look at my arm I can not sleep I've been positive but lately I'm a volcano waiting to erupt its a nightmare x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.