Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

Dr saying Im fit for work?

SystemSystem Posts: 470 Scope community team
edited December 2017 in Mental health issues
This discussion was created from comments split from: depression and anxiety.

Replies

• myailments8554myailments8554 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I suffer from depression anxiety and panic attacks also have pancreatitis snd under active thyroid which affects my immune system. Been off work for 2 years. Now they're daying I'm fit for work. Surely one doctor cant contradict another. Any ideas
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @myailments8554 welcome to the community
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • GeoarkGeoark Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,292 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @myailments8554 and welcome to our online community.

Yes doctors can and do contradict each other, which is why some patients ask for a second opinion.

However I wonder if this is what going on. I assume you have been claiming ESA and had to do a work capability assessment? If this is the case you would have seen a professional health worker, who may  not have been a doctor.

If this is what has happened you need to ask for a copy of the assessment and ask for a mandatory review. In most cases the MR will find the same as the original assessment and you will need to take it to appeal.

If this is not what has happened it migh help if you could give more context to what happened.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Sign in or join us to comment.