Need help - lost mobility and getting evicted — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help - lost mobility and getting evicted

juedrop
juedrop Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have fibromyalgia cfs depression and high anxiety levels... had this 24yrs now ..my youngest is in foster care as I'm extremely I'll. . I have no family ... I do have my older children to help but it's not easy as we don't live need each other.. I'm getting evicted 10 December as wen they took my mobility off me and put me onto pip I was no longer able to pay the 100+ every month on top of my housing benefit..  I can't walk far I'm in pain 24/7 I have a weelchair but unable to use at most n for past 3 yrs as u can't get it in or out with ought fighting.. my Dr came out n just said I needed speed to mental health n he's seen people get better so I was too stunned and upset to tell him my problems...
My daughter works for NHS and she took my oxygen reedings and blood presume pulse ect .she phoned me later the day saying she'd got an emergency a point mentioned for me it was a lady Dr she was nice my daughter spoke on my behalf the Dr checked me over and said I needed to get an ambulance strength to hospital.. I had a lower lung infection.. pneumonia in other words..  
I need help.. some motivation I need see my youngest son more as it's killing me inside n it's really hard to carry on and not give up... but I'm trying but my days n nights consist of sleeping as much as I can as I just need to keep getting to the next day n right now it's not easy... I need my mobility component back so I can at least try to leave my home maybe visit my eldest who has my 2 grandchildren..   my doctor said I've given myself agrephobia as I haven't been out ( I find it very nerve wrecking to leave the house n then I have get taxis as can't walk far it's a nightmare I just wanna make a nice home so wen my youngest can cum n stay he's got some were. ..  heads fubar can you help) 
I've been contributing to your charity and have been told you could help me

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi juedrops and welcome

Please call the Scope help line asap. or get in touch with CAB

Do you receive any PIP benefit ?
    When did you hear that your mobility component was stopped ?
    You have one month from the date of the decision letter to challenge the decision.

Have you been in touch with your landlord and explained your situation ?

Please don't give up hope, we will try and help as best we can so have a look around and come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Debbie_Scope can you help at all?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @juedrop,

I'm so sorry to learn about the awful situation you're in at the moment and that you're facing eviction.

Firstly I need to ask if you have received a warrant of eviction direct from the county court? Has your case been to court and a possession order obtained?

Some people confuse their notice seeking possession with an eviction order so it's crucial at this point to work out what stage you're at and what type of tenancy you have. Notices seeking possession usually come with a date by which you have to give up possession of the property. You don't have to leave the property on this date but if you remain, your landlord must apply to the courts for possession. If you've not been through any of this process, you might not be at actual eviction stage (.e bailiff's warrant) and there could be lots of work that can be done to prevent eviction. You mentioned that your eviction date was the 10th December and this is a Sunday, so I just want to check that you're dealing with a bailiffs warrant. I think it would be unusual to carry out an eviction on a Sunday.

You mentioned that since having PIP removed you haven't been able to afford the shortfall in your rent. Have you ever been told about Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)? These payments can help meet shortfalls in rent. Your housing benefit department will have information about these payments and how to apply.

Are you appealing the PIP decision and if so what stage are you at with that?
    Lots of people moving from DLA to PIP have been affected in similar ways. The loss of these benefits affects other benefits, usually by reducing the amount you get. The loss of the qualifying benefit can be quite devastating as it causes a ripple affect on everything. If you're not challenging your PIP decision, you really should be and we can help you find support with this.

There's a lot of questions to answer here so it might be best to have a telephone conversation about this. I can arrange to call you tomorrow to get some more information from you so that I can work out what your options are and what support is available in your area.

Shelter's national helpline is also able to provide advice on evictions and they have some really good information on their website.

If you want me to call you tomorrow, let me know and I'll get your contact details and arrange it with you.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.