PIP waiting for decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP waiting for decision

Philo1961
Philo1961 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
They stopped my daily living component in April after i had a face to face interview. I didn't realize it had stopped it as i found out through my bank with not enough funds to pay my bills. So i replied to have another face face explaining how this has affected my life not having daily component. DWP has had the file since 26th October & waiting to hear from them outcome. Phone them 2-3 times a week no joy. Is there email address for the case manger who has my file for 6 weeks. As i want an answer .so that i can get my life back on track . I would be so greatful if anyone can give me advice what to do next? Thank you. 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Philo1961
    Philo1961,

There won't be an email address I'm afraid, at least not one available to claimants. Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision? Unfortunately although it's been over a month now this isn't a particularly long time to have to wait for one. I'd consider making a complaint once it has been eight weeks, although there is nothing to stop you starting the complaint now if you feel that your attempts to move things on haven't been dealt with properly.

I'd also suggest getting some local advice if you can, for example from a Citizens Advice Bureau or your MP. MPs in particular have better results in makings happen! Both would have what are called escalation routes that they could use to get the DWP to move more quickly if this takes much longer.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Philo1961
    Philo1961 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you so much. I didnt know about reconsideration until it was to late. So all of this has been going on since june/ july.Its the waiting game. Just fed up waiting. And i only been told my file is with decision manger.
    Hope its here befor christmas. As i cant live off the esa £130 per wk & pip £53 per week. Very grateful for your advice. Will let you know the outcome.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.