How to cope with a illness — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to cope with a illness

Options
kristina123
kristina123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have bad copd and bone disease and find it very hard to cope with also suffer with panic attacks and I do find it hard day by day 

Comments

• kristina123
    kristina123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Not to sure what I am doing 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi kristina and welcome

COPD can be a very hard thing to come to terms with. Do your panic attacks come from this or some other source ?

Is there anything we can help you with ?

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • peterbee
    peterbee Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    Hello Kristina - do you do special breathing for your COPD?  Always spending more time breathing out than breathing in? (Expelling the CO2 to make room for the oxygen I think).  Would this type of breathing help with the panic attacks?

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I don't know whether it's just something done for TV or not but what about using a bag to breathe in and out into? I assume there is some truth in it for them to show it. I must admit that I haven't really noticed my breathing during attacks. I just get very stressed out, start shaking and crying and just want to curl into a ball and disappear.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.