recently had stroke — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

recently had stroke

rtfs35
rtfs35 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I had a stroke in October I was working I was already with ucredit but because my wages for that monthly peried I don't get any money .Oct 27 2017 when stroke happened down left side I have not had a penny from anthing is this right in really struggling thank you.

Comments

• rtfs35
    I see a oT lady .A physio every day for the last 2 weeks taxies to hospital ran out of funds how do I get there Thursday? If they give me any money it would not be in till 27/10/2017 that's IF .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    If possible I would suggest that you ring the Scope help line for advice

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi rtfs35,

Your Universal Credit entitlement is based on your income and circumstances for the monthly period prior to your payment. If you were working before your stroke are you not receiving any sick pay from your employer? If you are not entitled to Universal Credit during a particular month you would need to make a new claim. The first thing you need to do I think is to phone the Universal Credit helpline for some advice on your specific situation as they will be able to see the status of your claim and to advise further.
    Depending on how badly the stroke has affected you, you may be entitled to claim PIP but there is a 3 month qualifying period and a 9 month forward test to ensure only those with long term health conditions can become entitled to PIP.
    If you could make that call to UC they should be able to advise you but please come back to us if you think we can help you further.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• rtfs35
    HI I WAS DOING AGENCY WORK SO WAS AT DIFFERENT JOBS TO COVER FOR PEOPLE ON HOLIDAY. I GOT PAID WEEKLY .SINCE I PUT THIS UP IVE ENQUIRED TO U CREDIT . I AM ON TRack 
    THANK YOU .XX

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.