My husband — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My husband

Options
Kaz1957
Kaz1957 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
My husband has depression and anxiety x also osteoporosis arthritis in both knees was refused pip where we had standard pip x now nothing we are prepared to go to a tribunal we are getting the relavant information from his doctor a long with x rays x but was wondering is it worth us even bothering as they have left us with barely any money to live on x I am his carer as I have to help him bath and I need to watch him as he is suicidal a long with the stress of being denied pip x 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi kaz and welcome

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

The tribunal is independant and success rate is around 60% so it is definately woth appealing.
    As your husband has no award in payment there is nothing to stop you reapplying staright away which is also worth considering

please have a look at the info on this site and come back with your questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Kaz1957
    Options
    Yes thanks will go ahead x 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Feeling suicidal is quite common when so many things go wrong and when we feel it is 'our' fault. I would suggest contacting your local Mental Health system via your GP. They aren't always able to provide the much needed service and support due to a lack of finance and staff but it is worth a try.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Kaz1957
    Options
    Yes I will thank you very much x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.