I am looking for opportunities where I can use my special abilities — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am looking for opportunities where I can use my special abilities

Options
LyndseyKramer
LyndseyKramer Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in Autism and neurodiversity
I am on the ASD spectrum and I have an acquired physical disability. I am looking for opportunities where I can use my special abilities; I can work with statistics, Excel, SPSS and have the highest level of research experience. I am limited a bit to what physical work I can do.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LyndseyKramer  

It’s great to meet you this morning.

Please please let me know if I can help you in anyway.
  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LyndseyKramer
    Hope you're well. welcome to the online community and many thanks for your post!
    Sounds you have a lot of great skills that would suite a career in an analytics or research based environments.  
    To help me understand what kind of help you currently require i would need a bit more information; are you currently applying for work? if so what kind of barriers do you feel you are coming across? or are you trying to identify suitable roles which would match your skills?.

Scope also have a brand new  employment service which might be of interest to you. Support to Work  aims to support disabled adults of working age, based in England and Wales, who are actively Looking for work.
    If eligible for the service, you will be assigned to an adviser, who will explore your employability needs, identify your current barriers and identify ways or working around these, work with you to up-sell your current skill set and work with you to help identify areas of employment within your capabilities. If you would like to find out more about the service or register your interest  can visit our website here: give us a call on 0300 222 5742 or alternatively email; supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    we look forward to hearing from you!

Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.