Hi, my name is MAXI13 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MAXI13

Options
MAXI13
MAXI13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, Just joined your community tonight. I have had a mobility disability for 30 years caused by a motorbike accident, which I might add was not my fault, a car made a right turn across my path and hit me head on. I also have a non seeing disability in the form of a chronic multi system disease called Sarcoidosis, my type is the incurable type and has spread to several organs over the years. I was diagnosed by biopsy in 2009, but it's thought that I had this disease longer than that. I have had it biopsy confirmed in several other organs since my diagnosis. I just discovered your community tonight and I didn't know that SCOPE had this online vety helpful community. I look forward to having contact with other members in the future. You ALL take care, MAXI13.

Comments

• Sue1960
    Sue1960 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Wow you've been through the wars 
    Back in the day as pillion Ive had some fearful experiences with car/van drivers who have no knowledge of motorbikes; ie that we cannot instantly slow down if someone chooses to pull out in front of us :( I truly believe that motorbike awareness should be part of any driving test 
    You sound so positive though and Im pleased you are here to tell the tail
    There are enough people out there struck with disabilities and it makes me burn that so many could be avoided with some common sense on the part of another x
  • MAXI13
    MAXI13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Sue1960
    Thanks, I drive an adapted car now with a dashcam fitted it is unbelievable how much bad driving I see and the camera catches. You need eyes everywhere. I try to be positive but like everyone else I get bad days too, lol. But you have to fight to keep going we all do.
    It's the non seeing disability that causes me the worst issues as it makes me very poorly. After 30 years with the mobility disability I have had to learn to find ways to cope and try live with it. We all have our stories and our fights to keep living as normal as is possible life as we can.
    Hoping you are okay and wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very happy healthy 2018. Take care, Angie, xxx 

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MAXI13

Good mourning & Welcome to the gang!!!!!

It’s great to meet you today!!!!

Yes I have had motorbikes in my time & I have seen some harrowing things.

Luckly I only had “cuts & bruises”

I would find the “roads to crazy” as well these days.

Please please let me know if there is anything that I can help you with ????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MAXI13
    Welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.