PIPS Checking my award is correct — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIPS Checking my award is correct

Frankplank
Frankplank Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I was awarded pip at the higher rate in December 2014 for 4 years
I received a form today asking me if my condition has changed
Basically 3 boxes on each worsened, got better or no change
Anyone else had 12 months before the award end date
Cheers in advance

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Hi Frankplank and welcome

Yes this is common practice. Your old award will be superceded when a new decision is made.
    Best practice is to treat this form as if it were a new claim and submit any evidence you can. If you say that your condition has got worse it is likely to trigger a new f2f. Even if no change a new f2f might still be called for

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Doing a review like this is no good if you had conditions not accepted when your award was initially done. Makes me more determined to carry on trying to put things right before any review. Yes @Frankplank it is normal practice to send this out a year before the end of your award term. 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Yes frankplank i two have had my assesement brought forward i was awarded pip until sept 2018 my assesement was on the 11th of december but was cancelled due to the snow so now waiting for new assesement date
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    Doing a review like this is no good if you had conditions not accepted when your award was initially done. Makes me more determined to carry on trying to put things right before any review. Yes @Frankplank it is normal practice to send this out a year before the end of your award term. 
    i be trying to get mine sorted now im drained and give up i should have lied in the hope they would just left it but i put change now its fto face of full acessmant not just bits changed and told no docters will be listened to only the opinion of aceser but god do i wish anyone else luck   this stress hassel and treatment is not worth 300a month to suffer

• joyce54
    joyce54 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi I was awarded pip until May 2018  was awarded it in July 2016. I have had 3 assessments since, and the last one they cancelled my benefit, I sent in a letter of reconsideration which failed too, I have appealed to the tribunal , as I am a cancer patient with emphysema& pleural plaque which is a condition which will not improve at all.. Had no payment now since 3rd December 2017..You're right about them not listening to doctors or Consultants, as they never contacted them at all. The assessors put in his report that he took me out to see how far I could walk without getting breathless , he said 250 metres, Funny thing is I never left my house and was in my pj's when they arrived...

• freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    The DWP revealed that it paid out 41 million pounds in bonuses to its staff and the goverment say the benefit bill is too high so with the cost of tribunials as well the money certainly not going to the sick and disabled
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joyce54, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear that you lost your benefit and about your experiences, it's good to hear that you've begun the appeals process. If we can be of any assistance, please do let us know. 
  • joyce54
    joyce54 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you Pippa, I am waiting to hear from them..

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.