SPOONS THEORY??? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SPOONS THEORY???

Options
B1nkyb00
B1nkyb00 Community member Posts: 45 Connected

https://youtu.be/yMO6NSopy5c  I sometimes find it hard explaining to people that I am too tired to do things. I don't think they really understand. Im not "just tired." Its more than that. This is a video explaining the spoons theory. I know a lot of people sometimes use it to describe a chronic illness, but I do find it works for a physical disability too. 

Comments

• Neil2017
    Neil2017 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @B1nkyb00
    Thanks for sharing this informative post and the YouTube video.

Yes, it is sometimes so hard explaining that I am tired. Not sure if I have specifically classed as a chronic condition, but seem to tire easy having had Cancer.

i read a post i think it was by @PippaScope talking about the hashtag Spoonies2016. Now I understand more of what that is about.

possibly in a roundabout way this also describes people with a sensory loss like sight or hearing. For instance for sight loss I think it can take you longer to do things and also more concentration on taking in audio information rather than visual (if not totally deaf as well)

thanks anywsy

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.