Hi, my name is sparkler53! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sparkler53!

Options
sparkler53
sparkler53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have a son who has cerebal palsy i am 64 and now collecting my pension can my son now get carers allowance in his own rights as it got stopped when i got mr pension

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hello @sparkler53 and welcome to our community :)

New here myself, I don't have an answer to your specific question, but I have no doubt that there are others who do and who will be in contact with you soon. Don't hesitate to put any questions - you are among friends here.

Best to you,

Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry, carers allowance is paid to a person that cares for another person for 35 hours pw, Your son cannot claim carers allowance for himself.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 38 Courageous
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi @Sparkler53,

Welcome to the community! Great to have you on board with us :)

Not sure if you've had much of a chance to have a look around under our 'Popular Groups' section - in case you haven't we do have a couple of groups that might be helpful for you. You mention your son has CP - if you ever need to ask a  condition specific question and there is a group for Cerebral Palsy

We also have a group purely focused on finances/benefits called 'Employment issues, finances and disability benefits'. You mention your unsure about whether you son can now claim carers allowance;  there is a sub group called 'What benefits am I entitled to?' which might be helpful.

Alternatively, on the main Scope website we also have a benefits and grant checker which might be worth running through to check entitlement.

Hope some of this info was helpful.

Best wishes,

Kirsty

Scope helpline

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.