Hi, my name is whitt85! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is whitt85!

whitt85
whitt85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. My partner recently had his dla suspended as the dla said they did not receive his change of address, it was due for renewal in October also and also due to change to pip. He receive the pip claim forms and it stated on the front page that if he did not send it back by the 13th dec his dla would stop, well it was sent back before the stated date, had a text message to conform this. His money was never reinstated and he had a home assessment last week, currently awaiting the decision of this but in the mean time we asked the assessor if she knkew why his dla had not been reinstated as suggested on the forma and she could not answer this. We are really confused as he has complied with what was asked of him but yet in the mean time he is still not receiving the benefit. I hope this makes sense and apologies for the length of writing. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @whitt85

A very very big welcome to you today!!!!!!

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation with regards to the benefits (pip)

We have got “Benefit Advisors” who would be able to help you!!!!

Unfortunately they won’t be back in until next week!!!!

I would try to help you if that would help you??? 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi whitt and welcome

Have you rung the DWP and asked why as they have obviously now got the change of address ?

Because you are required to report any change iincluding a change of address they could be difficult so you may need assisstance from CAB or similar.

It is a good idea to also request a copy of the assessment report which will give you an indication of the possible outcome

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    edited January 2018
    These people are very good NEville Pearson email

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.