Hi, my name is ataloss! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ataloss!

ataloss
ataloss Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello everyone,just looking for some advice,my son was on dla from a child on an indefinate award for adhd,autism and tick disorder[form ot tourettes]his pip has just been turned down.the person from capita would not let me say anything for him and kept saying keep to the facts.i reported her but capita fobbed me off.i have appealed to pip today,but capita made decision on same day and not contacted adhd nurse or gp.where do i stand?also my carers allowance and income support is being stopped.im disabled myself and have many health conditions and really stressing me out.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ataloss and welcome

Do you have a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you had mandatory reassessment decision ?
    Do you claim PIP for yourself ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ataloss

It’s great to meet you this afternoon & welcome!!!!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with “pip”

We have got many many members in the same boat (Ship)

There is also lots of info on our site if that would be helpful for you ????
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi ataloss,

Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here. I've moved your post into our advisor category, so that they can add their thoughts. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi ataloss - I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your son's PIP, and that your Carers Allowance and Income Support have been stopped. As a matter of urgency, I would suggest contacting your local CAB or similar to see if there is any support or advocacy you can access to start the process of challenging this decision, and complaining about the way the assessment was conducted. The Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 can give you information about local advice resources. The next step in the process is to send in a Mandatory Reconsideration request, and if that is turned down then you can appeal. This all takes some time, so you will need to make sure you are claiming benefits in your own right too while this is being sorted out. if you have health issues yourself then you may be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit (depending on your area).It would be a good idea to run your circumstances through the benefits checker on this website to see what is available to you. There are also excellent resources on other websites about the PIP process, including Disability Rights UK: https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/personal-independence-payment-pip. There is another website called www.benefitsandwork.co.uk. This is partly a membership website, but people on benefits can join for a reduced rate, and can then access some very comprehensive appeal resources as well as support from moderators who are experienced in the area of autism and learning disability. 
    Please get back to us if we can help you further, and good luck with getting this decision overturned. 

All the best,

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.