Hi I have scleraderma. I have had this condition for 2 an had years. I need a walking stick. I have — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I have scleraderma. I have had this condition for 2 an had years. I need a walking stick. I have

Options

Comments

• Jean_OT
    Jean_OT Community member Posts: 513 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Martinrobert

Thanks for your post although I think perhaps you wrote more in the title box but it isn't visible to me as that field limits the number of characters on show. 

I know scleraderma can impact on people in a broad range of ways so the best option would be to have a professional assessment to ensure that you get the best walking aid for your needs and it is adjusted to the correct height for you.

If you have a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist they should be able to advice you on this. If you aren't already seeing an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapy you can ask your GP to refer you.

Sorry if I've missed an important point here because I was unable to see your full post, if there is anything else you would like to share please reply to this post

Best Wishes

Jean 

Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.