Rec my f2f request -- HELP PLEASE !!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rec my f2f request -- HELP PLEASE !!!

Traceydee
Traceydee Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hi all .. rec my requested copy today - all was truthful on the assessment - it says 8pts for daily living and 12 pts for motability - does that mean thats what i will get ? 
Aslo does any one know when they back pay you from is it from the date of claim , the f2f appointment or when they award you ..And can i claim income support on pip instead of esa ? 
Thank you xx

Comments

• kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    That should be what you will get as the DM at DWP should agree with assessment report unless obvious mistake but not definate. Not sure about back pay in your case as I went from DLA onto PIP and won appeal and was paid from date DLA ended.
    ESA AND PIP are seperate benefits so not sure about that.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Traceydee said:
    hi all .. rec my requested copy today - all was truthful on the assessment - it says 8pts for daily living and 12 pts for motability - does that mean thats what i will get ? 
    Aslo does any one know when they back pay you from is it from the date of claim , the f2f appointment or when they award you ..And can i claim income support on pip instead of esa ? 
    Thank you xx
    If you transfered from DLA to PIP then there's no backpay. Of the decision goes in your favour your DLA will end 4 weeks after the PIP decision. Then your PIP payments will start after that.

If you didn't transfer from DLA then your payments will be backdated to the day you rang to start your claim off.

Being just on PIP won't qualify you to claim Income Support instead of ESA. Are you in one of the groups for ESA? To claim Income Support instead you either have to have a child under 5 or a partner that claims Carers Allowance for you. Also if your area is a full Universal Credit area then you won't be able to claim Income Support. It would be Universal Credit. I would advice going to your local CAB for a benefits check. If it was me i would stay on ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Income related ESA is dependant on household income and savings. You may be eligible for disability premiums if you receive any part of your ESA as IR and meet other criteria

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Traceydee
    Thanks very much - i am already on dla so i know how that works now thank you 
    im also on esa but was told cant claim any premiums on that - my son is my carer so he can claim income support - does my esa go up at all xx sorry im totally clueless xx Thank you Poppy and Cockneyrebel for your reply it has helped me xx

• Traceydee
    Thank you kevin xx

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Traceydee,

The only premiums included in ESA are severe disability premium (you won't get this because you have a carer claiming CA for you - the premium is almost the same amount as CA) and enhanced disability premium (you only get this is for get enhanced rate daily living component - which you don't as 8 points is the standard rate - or if you are in the support group for ESA).
    From the information you have provided it doesn't look as though your ESA will be increased because of your PIP award.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

• Traceydee
    Oh i just received a letter saying i have another assessment f2f on the 17th jan
    i have tried to ring them ( as iv already had one ) but with it being saturday there not there .....Is this normal to have 2 f2f meetings ? x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Traceydee said:
    Oh i just received a letter saying i have another assessment f2f on the 17th jan
    i have tried to ring them ( as iv already had one ) but with it being saturday there not there .....Is this normal to have 2 f2f meetings ? x
    Have you filled in another ESA50 form recently? As you say you claim ESA as well then it could be an assessment for ESA and not PIP. If you did fill out that form then it's most likely for ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    TraceydeeTraceydee,

I've answered this on your other thread, but Poppy's right that there could be another reason - if you have made a new claim for example, since the claim that generated the first assessment. But if it is one claim, for the same benefit, then no, it isn't the norm. I hope you have found out what's going on by now!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.